Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pregnancy craving...

Okay, so I have not had too many cravings this pregnancy, but I have had one--bananas and chocolate. I modified an old Banana Bread recipe and this is what I came up with! Try it and let me know what you think.

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Banana Bread

1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
5 tbsp. sour cream
1 c. sugar
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 medium-size mashed bananas
1 tsp. banana flavoring
*1 c. dark chocolate chips (i.e. Giradelli 60% Cacoa), dusted with flour

Preheat oven to 325˚F. Melt butter and set aside. Beat eggs and sour cream, then add the butter. Sift all dry ingredients and gradually add to egg mixture. (I usually hand stir with a spoon.) Add bananas and flavoring. Then stir in the dusted chocolate chips (the flour on the chocolate helps it to evenly distribute throughout the loaf instead of settling in the bottom of the pan.)
Grease 1 loaf pan with butter lightly coating bottom and sides. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown making sure toothpick comes out clean.

*I added the chocolate chips to this recipe. The bread is actually still really good without the chocolate as well.